Driving Engagement for McDonalds Understanding Users
McDonald’s – McDelivery Riyadh approached us with the following problems:
- Drop in online orders from McDelivery app
- Drop in app sales contribution compared to other channels (website, web partners, etc.,)
- Which ultimately resulted in lower ROI
Our target markets were the Central, Northern & Eastern regions in Saudi Arabia.
The primary target audience for the McDelivery App are people who are looking for fast food delivery. But before we started walking on that path we followed a detailed deep dive into their existing users and their online ordering patterns.
We also identified the tracking issue (Kochava) during our audit and proposed fixing it before we launched.
The fix was necessary to identify the audience retention rate which was a key part of our optimisation steps and Kochava allows you to track these elements along with other key revenue metrics for better user understanding.
After thorough research we were able to identify where the potential audience was & in conclusion agreed on the below deliverables (KPI):
- Drive New App Users (25K – 35K Monthly)
- Increase Average Order Value (Also maintain it)
- Increase Sales Contribution by 100% (Compared to last year monthly average).
From here we took an eight step approach:
- Examining previous campaign delivery
- Audience breakdown
- Comparing breakdown with sales
- Identifying channel with highest contribution
- Identify device type split contribution
- Apply learnings with custom target segments
- Set a 10 mile radius campaign around McDonald’s stores
- Rollout activity